Repairing a bushing is less expensive than purchasing a new bushing and you are able to maintain all of the original dimensions.
A typical bushing repair is a regasket of the bushing or a recore and regasket of the bushing. When a bushing leaks; however, tests well, a regasket will be performed in which the sealing components are replaced. When a bushing tests poor, a recore and regasket will be performed. During the recore of a bushing the bushing core will be replaced with a new PCORE® POC type core. Repaired bushings ship with the same warranty as a new bushing.
Additional Bushing Repairs:
- Conversion of Westinghouse type B voltage taps to standard IEEE type A taps.
- Replacing short soldered wire on McGraw Edison voltage taps with longer wire to prevent voltage tap disconnecting while in service.
- Converting GSU type bushings to high temperature insulation.
Advantages of Bushing Repairs with Hubbell | PCORE® Electric:
- Fast – Most times a repaired bushing can be back in service before a new bushing could be delivered.
- Exact – Dimensions stay the same during bushing repair, so no modifications and / or adaptors are required during the bushing replacement process.
- Economical – Reusing key components results in savings up to 55% compared to the cost of a new bushing.
PCORE® Electric, an affiliate of Hubbell Utility Solutions, has been repairing bushings since 1982 at their facility in LeRoy, NY. For more information about bushing repair, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.