Utilities depend on their wood structures lasting 25-30 years. Therefore, it’s important to specify quality material in manufacturing wood braces. Apitong wood is a dense fiber hardwood, grown in the Asian forest, making it an optimal resource for utility braces.
Apitong wood grows only in certain regions of the world; placing high demand on the Asian forest. Hubbell is doing their part to protect these forest by sourcing Apitong wood from sustainably managed Asian forest, certified by PEFC (Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification). PEFC is an independent international forest certification organization. HPS Apitong wood braces are each labeled with the PEFC certification.
- Dense-fiber hardwood supplied from sustainably managed forest
- Pressure-treated with preservative for protection against decay, fungi and insects
- High strength support for crossarms
- Lightweight and corrosion resistant end fittings
- Tongue-and-groove wood to fitting connection
- End fittings pinned to wood section for secure connection
- Reversible brace design for left or right installation
- Structural member – Apitong wood
- Fittings – Aluminum 6061-T6